Mississippi University for Women

Transcript Requests

Official transcripts are issued by the Office of the Registrar and bear a raised seal and the Registrar's signature. We do not accept phone or e-mail requests. There are three ways (online, mail, or walk in) to order an official transcript from Mississippi University for Women. Note: We will not fax a transcript under any circumstance.

*** NOTICE:   We now offer the option of sending transcripts electronically through Scrip-Safe.  If you attended MUW before 2001, we will not be able to send your transcript electronically.  Otherwise, as long as you have all Holds settled, you can choose this option using one of the ordering options below.  Please contact our office if you have questions. ***

Ordering Transcripts Online

The National Student Clearinghouse has been authorized by Mississippi University for Women (MUW) to provide our transcript ordering service via the internet. You can order transcripts online using a major credit card at any time of the day or week.  Your credit card will only be charged after your order has been completed by MUW's Office of the Registrar.  Please note that MUW only processes transcript orders Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT. Online transcript request submitted while we are closed for holidays will be processed in the order they were received when our office reopens.  Transcripts are not released for students who have not settled all University accounts (financial or otherwise).

To order an offical transcript(s) online, login to the National Student Clearinghouse. The site guides you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees.

In order to comply with federal regulations and to ensure confidentiality, you must complete the Consent to Release Information from Education Records form that will be provided in the ordering process. Print and sign the form and return the document to the Clearinghouse via mail, fax, or by scanning the document and forwarding by e-mail with electronic signature. Note: The Clearinghouse will not confirm receipt of consent forms over the telephone. You will be e-mailed once the consent form is received by the Clearinghouse. Please do not return the consent form to the school. The online service provides e-mail notifications once orders are received and processed by MUW's Office of the Registrar. In addition, you can check your order status or history online.

If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, contact via phone at 703-742-7791 or via e-mail at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

Ordering Transcripts Directly from MUW via Mail

Current or former students may order copies of their academic coursework at MUW by sending a written, signed and dated request to the Office of the Registrar, 1100 College Street MUW-1605, Columbus, MS 39701-5800. A charge of $8.00 payable in advance, will be made for each copy. Transcripts are not released for students who have not settled all University accounts. Please complete the Transcript Request Form and mail to the Office of the Registrar.

Walk In Requests

Current or former students may request a transcript at the service counter of the Office of the Registrar located in Welty Hall, Room 105. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT. Transcript requests are taken until 4:45 p.m. CT. If you are coming in person, you must have a picture ID. If a third party will be picking up your transcript, they must have your signed, written permission to release the transcript. Payment must be made upon receipt of the transcript.

Unofficial Transcripts via Banner Web
Transcripts provided by the Office of the Registrar are official and bear a raised seal and the Registrar's signature.  However, current students may login to Banner Web to view and print an unofficial copy of their transcript. Note: Transcripts (official and unofficial) are not released for students who have not settled all University accounts. Unofficial transcript directions are as follows:
1. Go to www.muw.edu
2. Click on Banner at the bottom of the page
3. Enter your Banner ID
4. Enter your PIN
5. Login
6. Click on Student Services
7. Click on Student Records
8. Click on Academic Transcript
9. Choose all Levels and Advising
10. Submit