Welcome to MyApps for MUW
With MyApps you will have access to lots of new features that you don't have with your current webmail account such as:
- 25 Gigabytes of email storage space
- Instant messaging from right within your inbox & free voice and video calls
- Google Calendar to schedule meetings, create events, and share calendars with others
- 5 Gigabytes of storage for Google Docs (Google Drive) to create and share documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online
- Google Sites. A free and easy way to create and share webpages
This process needs to be completed no later than the end of the Fall 2012 semester.
Before getting started there are a few things that you will need to know in order to get logged into your new account.
- Your new email username
- Your new email password
Your email address will change to a new form. In other words, if your name is John M Doe, then your current email address may look something like jmd[at]muw.edu. But with your new MyApps account your email would be jmdoe[at]myapps.muw.edu.
You can look up your new email username by logging into Banner Web, then click the link for Personal Information, then click the link for View E-mail Addresses. Your new email address will be listed here.
Your new email password, by default, is your birthdate. So if you were born on October 12, 1995 your password would be 10121995. Once you have logged in, you will be prompted to change your password.
You can log into MyApps here.
Getting Set Up
Once you have logged into your MyApps account, there are a few steps in getting it set up.
- Creating a forward from your old account to your new account (This is important so any email received to your old account will be automatically forwarded to your new account)
- Pulling your email from your old account into your new account
To get started with this process, simply follow the guide that can be found here