The Department of Nursing has educational programs designed to meet the diverse lifestyles and demands of today's students. Three distinguished programs of study lead to an Associate of Science, Bachelor of Science, or Master of Science degree.
- All three programs are accredited by the state of Mississippi (IHL 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211, 601-982-6493). The ASN program is accredited by the National League for Nursing (NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326, Phone: 1-800-669-1656 ext. 153, Fax: (212) 812-0390, website: http://nlnac.org/home.htm). The BSN and MSN programs are accredited by the Comission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 1-202-887-6791).
- Classes are small and students receive individual instruction.
- Frequent faculty student conferences occur to monitor progress and formulate plans to address identified needs.
- Hands-on and intensive clinical components are integral to each program giving graduates the clinical expertise employers actively seek.
- Technological instruction is incorporated through experiences in the Helene Fuld Computer Lab.
- Faculty and students continue to be recognized with state and national awards.
All classes are taught by master and doctorally prepared faculty representing diverse national institutions such as Emory, Case Western Reserve, Florida State University, Texas Woman's University, Vanderbilt, and many others. Faculty serve as mentors and role models for students by holding major positions of leadership in key nursing organizations.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
Student advancement through an integrated program provides opportunity for development of lasting friendships and support networks. Marketability of graduates is increased through preceptorship and externship experiences which are part of the curriculum in each program. Undergraduate nursing students are given the opportunity to participate in one of the campus student nursing organizations. Students who are already registered nurses are encouraged to be active members of professional organizations.Department of Nursing
1100 College Street MUW-910
Columbus, MS 39701-5800
(877)-462-8439 ext. 7299 - toll free