Welcome to the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE). Every college student has the desire to achieve academic excellence and the staff at the CAE is ready to assist you with attaining that goal. The CAE is a place where all students can come to receive advice, feedback, and strategies in various academic areas. The services offered are free to all MUW students.
The Center for Academic Excellence brings together under one umbrella a variety of services that work to ensure the SUCCESS of all MUW students. We offer students: (a) academic advising, (b) tutoring services, (c) disability services, (d) student success advice, (e) academic success workshops, (f) individualized guidance, and (g) Summer Developmental Program. Furthermore, if you need help in an area that is not listed please feel free to contact us and if we can’t help we will point you in the right direction.
The Center for Academic Excellence staff will:
- Contribute significantly to the success of all MUW students.
- Provide information about the core curriculum and majors.
- Provide tutoring to students who are having problems with classes.
- Assist students with becoming more efficient in their studying.
- Provide academic accommodations to students with disabilities.
- Help students plan their schedules.
- Have a visible presence on campus to make the students aware of the services offered.
- Provide services to help students achieve academic excellence.
Our Mission and Vision
The Mission of the Center is to provide students with the necessary tools for academic success at MUW and beyond. The CAE fosters learning and academic excellence by working with students, instructors, advisors, faculty, and staff to create an academically enriching environment for all students. The vision is to “assist every student at MUW with achieving ACADEMIC SUCCESS!”
The realization of our mission and vision is only possible with the support and involvement of every staff in the CAE. As a group, we create an environment that contributes to academic success. The culture of the center fosters open communication, participation, and the support of individual development. Our staff is ready to assist you with any questions you have about achieving ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE. We encourage you to contact us with any comments or questions you may have.